- Animal social behavior
- Evolutionary game theory
- Climate change biology
- Jang Yi‐Shin, Shen Sheng‐Feng, Juang Jehn‐Yih, Huang Cho‐ying, Lo Min‐Hui*, 2022, “Discontinuity of Diurnal Temperature Range Along Elevated Regions”, Geophysical Research Letters, 49(6), 1-10. (SCIE) (IF: 4.72; SCI ranking: 15.5%)
- Chen Ying-Yu, Rubenstein Dustin R., Shen Sheng-Feng*, 2022, “Cooperation and Lateral Forces: Moving Beyond Bottom-Up and Top-Down Drivers of Animal Population Dynamics”, Frontiers in Psychology, 13, 1-12. (SSCI) (IF: 2.988; SSCI ranking: 30.5%)
- Ming Liu, Dustin R. Rubenstein, Siew Ann Cheong and Sheng-Feng Shen*, 2021, “Antagonistic effects of long- and short- term environmental variation on species coexistence”, PROCEEDINGS OF THE ROYAL SOCIETY B-BIOLOGICAL SCIENCES, 1958, 1-10. (SCIE) (IF: 5.349; SCI ranking: 14%,15.7%,18%)
- Liu, C. W.-J., S.-F. Shen , W.-C. Liu, 2021, “On the evolution of social ties as an instrumental tool for resource competition in resource patch networks”, Humanities and Social Sciences Communications, 8(1), 78.
- Wang, H.-Y.*, S.-F. Shen, Y.-S. Chen, Y.-K. K, and M. Heino, 2020, “Life histories determine divergent population trends for fishes under climate warming”, NATURE COMMUNICATIONS, 11, 4088. (SCIE) (IF: 14.919; SCI ranking: 5.5%)
- Tibbetts, E. A., M. Liu, E. C. Laub, S.-F. Shen, 2020, “Complex signals alter recognition accuracy and conspecific acceptance thresholds”, PHILOSOPHICAL TRANSACTIONS OF THE ROYAL SOCIETY B-BIOLOGICAL SCIENCES, 375(1802). (SCIE) (IF: 6.238; SCI ranking: 9.7%)
- Tsai H.-Y., D.R. Rubenstein, B.-F. Chen, M. Liu, S.-F. Chan, D.-P. Chen, S.-J. Sun, T.-N. Yuan, and S.-F. Shen*, 2020, “Antagonistic effects of intraspecific cooperation and interspecific competition on thermal performance”, ELIFE, 9:e57022, 1-15. (SCIE) (IF: 8.146; SCI ranking: 5.4%)
- Liu, M. S.-F. Chan, D. R. Rubenstein, S.-J. Sun, B.-F. Chen, and S.-F Shen*, 2020, “Ecological transitions in grouping benefits explain the paradox of environmental quality and sociality.”, AMERICAN NATURALIST, 195(5), 818-832. (SCIE) (IF: 3.926; SCI ranking: 24.1%,28%)
- Chen B.-F. , M. Liu , D. R. Rubenstein, S.-J. Sun , J.-N. Liu , Y.-H. Lin and S.-F. Shen*, 2020, “A Chemically-triggered Transition from Conflict to Cooperation in Burying Beetles”, ECOLOGY LETTERS, 23(3), 467-475. (SCIE) (IF: 9.492; SCI ranking: 4.8%)
- Tsai, H-Y, D.R. Rubenstein, Y.-M. Fan, T.-N. Yuan, B.-F. Chen, Y. Tang, I.-C. Chen and S.-F. Shen*, 2020, “Locally-adapted Reproductive Photoperiodism Determines Population Vulnerability to Climate Change in Burying Beetles”, NATURE COMMUNICATIONS, 11, 1398. (SCIE) (IF: 14.919; SCI ranking: 5.5%)
- Liu Mark, Chen Bo-Fei, Rubenstein Dustin R., Shen Sheng-Feng, 2020, “Social rank modulates how environmental quality influences cooperation and conflict within animal societies”, Proceedings of the Royal Society B: Biological Sciences, 287(1935), 20201720.
- Lin Y.-H, S.-F. Chan, D. R. Rubenstein , M. Liu, S.-F. Shen*, 2019, “Resolving the paradox of environmental quality and sociality: the ecological causes and consequences of cooperative breeding in two lineages of birds”, The American Naturalist, 194(2),207-216.. (SCIE) (IF: 3.926; SCI ranking: 24.1%,28%)
- Cheng, Y.-R.,D. R. Rubenstein, S.-F. Shen, 2019, “Nest predation predicts infanticide in a cooperatively breeding bird”, Biology Letters, 15(8) 20190314. (SCIE) (IF: 3.703; SCI ranking: 30.1%,28.3%,38%)
- Chan, S.-F. , W.-K. Shih, A.-Y. Chang#, S.-F. Shen* and I.-C. Chen*, 2019, “Contrasting forms of competition set elevational range limits of species”, Ecology Letters, 22(10),1668-1679. (SCIE) (IF: 9.492; SCI ranking: 4.8%)
- Liu, M. , D. R. Rubenstein, W.-C. Liu, and S.-F. Shen*, 2019, “Adaptation in fluctuating environments: a continuum from bet-hedging to the rising-tide”, PROCEEDINGS OF THE ROYAL SOCIETY B-BIOLOGICAL SCIENCES, https://doi.org/10.1098/rspb.2019.1623. (SCIE) (IF: 5.349; SCI ranking: 14%,15.7%,18%)
- Wu, S. , C.-M. Chang, D.R. Rubenstein, C.-M. Yang, Y.-T. Huang, H.-H. Lin, L.-C. Shih, S.-W. Chen* and S.-F. Shen*., 2019, “Artificial intelligence reveals environmental constraints on colour diversity in insects”, NATURE COMMUNICATIONS, 10,4554, 1-9. (SCIE) (IF: 14.919; SCI ranking: 5.5%)
- Chan, W.-P. #, I.-C. Chen#, R. K. Colwell, W.-C. Liu, C.-Y. Huang, S.-F. Shen*, 2018, “Response to Qian et al. (2017): Daily and seasonal climate variations are both critical in the evolution of species’ elevational range size”, JOURNAL OF BIOGEOGRAPHY, 45(12), 2832-2836. (SCIE) (IF: 4.327; SCI ranking: 21.1%,18%)
- Wilkins, M.R.*, Scordato, E.S., Semenov, G.A., Karaardiç, H., Shizuka, D., Rubtsov, A., Pap, P.L., Shen, S.-F. and Safran, R.J., 2018, “Global song divergence in barn swallows (Hirundo rustica): exploring the roles of genetic, geographical and climatic distance in sympatry and allopatry”, BIOLOGICAL JOURNAL OF THE LINNEAN SOCIETY, 123(4), 825-849. (SCIE) (IF: 2.138; SCI ranking: 76%)
- Liu, M., D. R. Rubenstein, S.-A. Cheong, and S.-F. Shen*, 2018, “Multitasking and the evolution of optimal clutch size in fluctuating environment”, ECOLOGY AND EVOLUTION, 8(17), 8803-8817. (SCIE) (IF: 2.881; SCI ranking: 43.4%,52%)
- Shen, S.-F.* and D. R. Rubenstein, 2019, “Environmental uncertainty and social behavior”, editor(s): Choe, J,, Encyclopedia of Animal Behavior, 2nd Edition, pp. 807–815, Cambridge, M.A.: Elsevier, Academic Press.
Address: Interdisciplinary Research Building for Science and Technology C206