Life-history evolution, population ecology, fisheries statistics
Fish provide important services to humans. To ensure the sustainability of fish populations, we aim to develop basic concepts to understand changes in fish populations under disturbance. Our study species include common exploited cutlassfishes, small benthic reef fishes, and masu salmon in the subtropical Pacific.
- Effects of temperature and fishing on life histories and population dynamics for cutlassfish Trichiurus japonicus
- Effects of temperature on early growth rates based on tidepool reef fishes in the subtropical western Pacific
- The relationships between migratory life histories and population dynamics based on masu salmon Oncorhynchus masou
- Tapia Raúl, Ho Sze Ling, Wang Hui-Yu, Groeneveld Jeroen, Mohtadi Mahyar, 2022, “Contrasting vertical distributions of recent planktic foraminifera off Indonesia during the southeast monsoon: implications for paleoceanographic reconstructions”, Biogeosciences, 19(13), 3185-3208. (SCIE) (IF: 5.092; SCI ranking: 21.3%,16.7%)
- Guo Yu-Hong, Halasan Lorenzo C., Wang Hui-Yu, Lin Hsiu-Chin, 2022, “High migratory propensity constitutes a single stock of an exploited cutlassfish species in the Northwest Pacific: A microsatellite approach”, PLOS ONE, 17(3), e0265548-e0265548. (SCIE) (IF: 3.752; SCI ranking: 39.2%)
- Lin Hsiu-Chin, Tsai Chia-Jung, Wang Hui-Yu*, 2021, “Variation in global distribution, population structures, and demographic history for four<i>Trichiurus</i>cutlassfishes”, PeerJ, 9, e12639-e12639. (SCIE) (IF: 3.061; SCI ranking: 44.6%)
- Shimadzu Hideyasu, Wang Hui‐Yu, 2021, “Estimating allometric energy allocation between somatic and gonadic growth”, Methods in Ecology and Evolution, 13(2), 407-418. (SCIE) (IF: 8.335; SCI ranking: 5.7%)
- Wang Hui-Yu*, Shen Sheng-Feng, Chen Ying-Shiuan, Kiang Yun-Kae, Heino Mikko, 2020, “Life histories determine divergent population trends for fishes under climate warming”, Nature Communications, 11(1), 4088-4088. (SCIE) (IF: 17.694; SCI ranking: 8.1%)
- Wang Hui-Yu, Tsang Ling Ming, Lima Fernando P., Seabra Rui, Ganmanee Monthon, Williams Gray A., Chan Benny K. K., 2020, “Spatial Variation in Thermal Stress Experienced by Barnacles on Rocky Shores: The Interplay Between Geographic Variation, Tidal Cycles and Microhabitat Temperatures”, Frontiers in Marine Science, 7, 553-553. (SCIE) (IF: 5.247; SCI ranking: 5.3%)
- Chen Ying‐Shiuan, Jeng Zhi‐Yu, Wang Hui‐Yu*, 2020, “Changes in reproduction for subtropical cutlassfish <i>Trichiurus japonicus</i> reflect variation in temperature and population demography”, Marine Ecology, 41(1), e12578-e12578.
- Gao Jin, Thorson James T., Szuwalski Cody, Wang Hui-Yu, 2020, “Historical dynamics of the demersal fish community in the East and South China Seas”, Marine and Freshwater Research, 71(9), 1073. (SCIE) (IF: 2.358; SCI ranking: 50%,42.9%,40.7%,53%)
- Denis Vianney, Chen Jian-Wen, Chen Qi, Hsieh Yunli Eric, Lin Yuting Vicky, Wang Ching-Wei, Wang Hui-Yu, Sturaro Nicolas, 2018, “Biogeography of functional trait diversity in the Taiwanese reef fish fauna”, Ecology and Evolution, 9(1), 522-532. (SCIE) (IF: 3.167; SCI ranking: 43.1%,51.9%)
- Wang Hui-Yu*, Heino Mikko, 2018, “Adaptive and plastic variation in growth and maturation of the cutlassfish Trichiurus japonicus in the subtropical Pacific Ocean”, Fishery Bulletin, 116(2), 171-182. (SCIE) (IF: 1.231; SCI ranking: 74.1%)