We are a group of field ecologists studying population and community ecology of corals and coral reef organisms.
Our current research topics include:
- Regulatory mechanisms of synchronous spawning in (scleractinian) corals.
- Long-term monitoring of coral communities in Taiwan.
- Population ecology of the pioneer coral, Pocillopora verrucosa.
- Recovery process of corals after a coral bleaching event.
- The use of benthic grazers (sea urchins and gastropods) to enhance growth and recovery of coral populations.
- Establishment of coral-bacteria association
- Population ecology of green sea turtle Chelonia mydas in Taiwan
- Population ecology of coral reef fish.
Location: Green House Building 247